Monday, July 03, 2006

Michael, Michael, Motorcycle

On Saturday, July 1, 2006, I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic on I-80 West due to a serious accident near exit 34. While inching my way towards my destination in the left lane, I suddenly noticed that a few inconsiderate bikers had decided to pass everyone by riding in between each lane of cars. I was obviously annoyed about this, and after the first few had passed me, I noticed another biker approaching me from a few hundred yards away. I maneuvered my vehicle to the right to prevent this person from passing. While this move had its desired effect, the biker simply moved over to pass everyone between the two center lanes. As this biker passed me, she looked over and smiled as if to say, "ha-ha!" Nice attitude, eh?

Bikers have complained for years that they get no respect on the roads. I can certainly understand that it is sometimes very hard to see a motorcycle until it's too late. However, when bikers pull stunts like passing in between lanes of cars, they deserve any consequences that may happen as a result. Whether they like-it-or-not, the rules of the road apply to their two-wheeled vehicles just as much as our four-wheeled vehicles. Their daredevil attitudes are only creating unnecessary safety hazards. Get a grip, guys! If you want respect, you need to earn it.

So, to the biker chick who thought she was "cute" when maneuvering around my blockade, I just want to say, "You got me this time, but you will be the one to lose in the end."

3 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an accident waiting to happen.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Michael Redlich said...

You are obviously a biker...

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What's the problem with a biker passing the traffic, it's not an ilegal move. If you're stressed you are more of a danger on the roads than they are. My advice is take up Motorcycling, it's very enjoyable and relaxing. Get a Harley-Davidson...
Ray C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home